Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Recent Muravchik

I have disagreed with Joshua Muravchik over his characterization of the Obama administration as “radical” as he does in his recent book, but he has posted a few great pieces as of late.

He has come out in support of gay marriage in a piece titled “Why Gay Marriage Just Makes Sense.” In it, he states:
Decades ago, foreign policy, crime, and reverse discrimination were the issues that drove me from the Left, making me a “neoconservative.” Over decades, I came to see the wisdom of the views of traditional conservatives on other subjects like government spending, welfare, school prayer, and more. But as for opposition to gay marriage, I just don’t get it.
He has another piece on what appears to be the inevitable bombing of Iranian nuclear sites, and one on problems with the UN.

No comments: