Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The World is Watching, and Online

Folks from all around the world are clearly interested in Neda Agha Soltan. Today, over 1,000 individual users came to this website, the most ever in one day here. What I found even more astounding, was the diverse locals of their IPs. The UAE, Egypt, China, Venezuela, and of course, Iran; folks from all over Googled Neda’s name looking for information about her.

I only hope that with this level of interest in the events currently underway in Iran, the opposition knows that the world is watching.

3 comments:

jams o donnell said...

The level of interest worldwide is heartening Roland. I am glad they come to your blog for information

Roland Dodds said...

Hopefully they go elsewhere for info on Neda, since I don’t have much here. I figure that if my page gets that much traffic, legitimate news sources are likely inundated with folks wanting information about Iran and Neda.

From the soccer players getting banned in Iran, to the crackdown in protests, I must say today is a pretty depressing one to wake up to.

Anonymous said...

her death is not in vain.