Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Green Party is Dead

I worked as a regional campaign manager for the Green Party during the 2000 election, and it disappoints me to see how far the Party has fallen into extremism and paranoia since then. Making the repulsive Cynthia McKinney their presidential pick was the final nail in the coffin, and they seem unable to back away from this woman and her nutty ideas. She continues to write her Alex Jones worthy diatribes on the Green Party's official website, making her words indistinguishable from the organization as a whole.

I can only imagine what some old comrades of mine who happened to stay with the party after 9/11 think of it now.

3 comments:

bob said...

Just read her current top of the page post, on Napoleon. Unbelievable. Quoting Matthias Chang, leading Bilderberg nut, the man who wrote The Zionist Anglo-American Empire Meltdown. Talking about finance capital and the shadow money lenders, notably all examples having names like Rothschild and Greenspan...

Roland Dodds said...

I am not surprised she believes those things Bob; even when she was a Democratic rep, she still let slip some fringe ideas. What I really find disappointing is the Green Party that allows this woman to be their figurehead.

I have not been involved with the party since 2000, but I can’t imagine a large number of the people I worked with support McKinney’s nutty nonsense. I assume they simply got up and left like I did, and that would surely explain the party’s electoral success as of late.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

I think that the lack of socialized health services in US is to blame. In many other places she would have been certified and put in a padded room a lot of time ago ;-)