Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Akihabara

Some more pictures from my recent trip to Japan. These are a few of the electronics and otaku neighborhood known as Akihabara. A sensory overload if I have ever seen one. I also had a go at Street Fighter 4, and had my ass handed to me by some locals.







The “inn” I stayed at while in Tokyo was also in this neighborhood. Rather than a traditional hostel or inn, it was one of Japan’s many capsule hotels; foregoing a bed in a room, guests stay in small tubes (or capsules). Each compartment has its own TV and amenities, all at an affordable price.



Certainly something to try if you are ever in Tokyo and looking for an inventive place to stay.

1 comment:

SnoopyTheGoon said...

What if someone puts that cell on "freeze" - by mistake of course?

Or "defrost"?

Cheers.